HOW TO BECOME A FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER IN INDIA
“Why not make your own pictures ?”…Definitely, pursuing a career in fashion photography is not a far fetched dream. But, just imagining yourself mingle with the glitz and glamour of the fashion world is not stimulation enough to end up in this industry. You need the right creative eye behind the camera and a boundless passion which continuously motivates you to follow your dream.
To become a good fashion photographer, you must understand and harness the power you hold.
- Right photography education and practice: Though structural training with pen and paper is not a necessary pre-requisite, you can do an internship or a photography course with a professional photographer. Self- learning and practice are the key to success. Also, practical training at a photo studio adds lot of value to your career.
- Hook the right apparatus: Arrange some low costing second- hand equipment in good condition. A good digital camera and lighting system is a must. You may go for rental equipment.
- Build an impressive Portfolio: As a beginner, this is the most crucial tool for your recognition and success. You can approach your potential clients by showcasing your collection. Your skill and talent are judged best by your range of samples. So, if you are looking forward to be a successful photographer, then a good fashion portfolio is a must.
- Be a trend setter: Innovation is the way to win. Don’t be a blind copycat, rather create new trends and make your work stand out. You may engulf the latest market drift in your work.
- Pair Up with the finest: Always try and hook yourself to the most experienced and choicest people in this industry. Be it the makeup artists, hair stylists, fashion stylists or modelling agencies – they can all prove to be resourceful and your stepping – stone to success.
- Draw attention on the social media platform: Be connected to the masses on social media. Your work will certainly get noticed and appraised by the right people. Work hard to carve a niche for yourself.
Last but not the least listen to your heart…
When your heart jumps every time your camera locks focus – you’ve become a photographer.